Decrease the time it takes to find your content and minimize wasting resources on content recreation if — and when — it can’t be found. Asset support is an essential component of DAM solutions, as it:
- Supports different content types
- Enables easy uploading, storage, and previewing, and
- Allows creation of individual assets from asset packages.
Help everyone who interacts with content work and collaborate easily. Top-tier digital asset management vendors provide collaboration and review/approval process automation capabilities. This simplifies content creation and management across the enterprise. Support all user types with a simple interface, integrations, automaton, sharing, workflow management and content markup.
Connect to the other solutions in your technology ecosystem with your DAM platform. Ensure you can reuse and optimize your content for true omnichannel customer experiences. Consider the following when selecting the best DAM for your enterprise:
- Supporting documentation
- Open source APIs and workflows
- SaaS delivery capabilities
- CMS integrations
- Content delivery networks
Top enterprise DAMs will include a marketplace where you’ll find easy integrations with other platforms in your MarTech stack.
Use a digital asset management vendor that is an authority in digital asset management. Look for DAM solutions provided by industry-recognized, experienced developers. DAM is complex and demands proven activation, support, and product roadmap strategies.
Identify the specific usage needs you have for content in your enterprise, and confirm them against your top DAM contenders. Some questions you can use to identify your content usage needs include:
- How many assets do I expect to upload?
- Do I need to manage different permissions for different individuals or groups?
- Do I need to perform light content editing (i.e. trim videos, crop images, etc.)?
- Will I use AI to automatically facilitate light content editing?
- Are “search” or “browse” functions important to me?
- Do I need business intelligence or custom reporting?
Classification & Taxonomy
Organize and find your content in a DAM the way you need. The best digital asset management platforms offer value through customizable taxonomy, so you can create and manage categories for all of your assets.
DAM should also offer customizable metadata so you can tag each asset with keywords, descriptions, or other terms. This helps you organize assets, and find them easier. Top solutions will provide intelligent and automatic AI tagging as they get to know your content and users.
Digital Rights & Compliance
Ensure your chosen DAM reflects your organization’s regulatory or compliance requirements. If you manage or create sensitive content, your DAM must facilitate automated compliance submissions for your industry’s regulations. In addition, the digital asset management vendor should support advanced versioning control that:
- Requires rights management
- Offers watermarking or expiration controls
- Supports complex digital rights