Online Privacy Notice
The bottom line...
- We make and host extraordinary marketing software.
- We assess our products to make sure they’re privacy friendly.
- We’re global. We know about moving data across borders the right way. That’s why we’re in the Safe Harbor.
- Contact us at privacy@Aprimo.com with any privacy questions.
The details...Our commitment to privacy
Aprimo, a division of Teradata Operations, Inc. (“Aprimo”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) offers enterprise marketing solutions and the subject-matter experts to manage them. We provide on-premise and hosted software to organizations and their employees and consumers around the world.
The privacy of our website visitors (“you”, “your”) is important to us. We are providing this policy to describe and explain our information practices and the measures we take to protect your privacy.Scope of policy
Aprimo recognizes that the European Union (“EU”) and the United States have established a Safe Harbor Agreement pursuant to Directive 95/46/EC restricting the transfer and handling of personally identifiable information about individuals from the European Economic Area (EEA) to the United States. Aprimo has elected to adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles – detailed below -- with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of data from the EEA. For more information about Safe Harbor Principles or to access our certification statement, please review the U.S. Department of Commerce's Web site at http://export.gov/safeharbor/
We want to be fully transparent with you about our data practices. We make available to you this Policy so that you can better understand our data practices.
This Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the data collection, use practices, privacy statement, or cookie use of the sites that you have accessed from our Site. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies solely to information collected on this Website.
DATA INTEGRITY PRINCIPLE
On this Site, we will collect and retain only the personal information that we need for business purposes or to comply with a legal obligation such as a subpoena or court order. We ensure that personal information collected from our Sites is relevant for the purposes for which we use it.Information you provide
We may collect personally identifiable information -- such as name, business name, e-mail address, business address, title or job position, and work or mobile phone -- when you register to learn more about our products, request a demo or evaluation software, request or subscribe to newsletters, white papers, events, seminars, user groups, conferences or other services we might provide, or other information that you might provide to us in an online form, or when you contact us by e-mail or telephone. We may also collect your personally identifiable information when you participate in our surveys and contests.
Note that our bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms and similar “forums” are open to others in the forums and may be open to the public. Your participation in such forums may lead to use of your personally identifiable information by others and we are not responsible for any information you make available in these forums nor any contact to you by others as a result of your participation.IP addresses and “clickstream” information
Some clickstream data includes User Information. User Information is information about computers that interact with our systems. This includes:
- Web server logs. In the process of administering this Site, we maintain and track usage through web-server logs. These logs provide information such as what types of browsers are accessing our sites, what pages receive high traffic, and the times of day our servers experience significant load. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We use this information to improve the content and navigation features of our sites. Anonymized or aggregated forms of this data may be used to identify future features and functions to develop for the site and to provide better customer service. We do not link this information with personally identifiable information. We reserve the right to share aggregate and anonymous information with third parties.
- Web beacons. Third parties also employ Web beacons on our site. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We may also use User Information to help us prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity, and to ensure the proper functioning of our products and services.How we use personal information
Aprimo may additionally use Personal Information for the following purposes:
Applicant information we collect
- To respond to your requests. These requests may include processing orders and processing downloads for product demonstration or evaluation.
- To maintain and upgrade a system. Our technical staff may require periodic access to services data to monitor system performance, test systems, and develop and implement upgrades to systems. This may include providing technical support including via the Aprimo Customer Support Portal. Any temporary copies of services data created as a necessary part of this process are only maintained for time periods relevant to those purposes.
- To address performance and fix issues. On occasion, we may develop new versions, patches, updates, and other fixes to our programs and services, such as security patches addressing newly discovered vulnerabilities. In accordance with the terms of your order for services, we may remotely access a user’s computer while that user observes in order to troubleshoot a performance issue. We may also provide you product updates and notices.
- To provide informational services. We may use personal data while providing online forums such as user groups and bulletin boards. We may also do so while delivering live or online events such as training seminars or conferences, including third-party events sponsored by Aprimo.
- To meet legal requirements. Aprimo may be required to provide personal data to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure, or other legal process requirements.
- To market our products and services. We may inform you about our products, services or events and otherwise perform marketing activities.
We may also collect Applicant Information -- personally identifiable information such as your name, home address, personal telephone number, resume and other information that you voluntarily provide when you submit an online job application. This information may be shared with our recruiting advisors as well as other third parties such as background-screening organizations involved in the assessment of your job application.
We will respect your preferences and choices for how we contact you regarding marketing and promotional communications. We provide you, for example, with opportunities to subscribe to e-mail lists. If you have previously signed up to receive e-mailed information about our products, services, and special offers, and no longer wish to receive these communications you may opt out by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link, replying with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line in the e-mail, or e-mailing us at unsubscribe@Aprimo.com.
This is a United States Website and is subject to laws of the United States. If you are customer who resides in the State of California, you have the right to request from Aprimo a list of third parties with whom we shared personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. Aprimo does not share personally identifiable information with unrelated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you would like us to confirm this information in writing please send a request to us by e-mail privacy@Aprimo.com
. You can also write to us at:
900 East 96th Street, Suite 400
Indianapolis, IN 46240
We may share your information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf.
There are other circumstances in which we may share your personal information with third parties. For example, we may disclose your personal information to a third party when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement or to comply with a subpoena or court order; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aprimo or a third party; or to protect our vital interests.
In addition, your personal information may be transferred to another company that has acquired the stock, or all or part of the assets of Aprimo – for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring company’s use of your personal information will still be subject to this Privacy Notice and the privacy preferences and choices you have expressed to us. Therefore, although we are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information to the extent possible, we cannot and do not promise that your personal information will always remain private.
DATA ACCESS PRINCIPLE
You may review and correct your personal information that we hold by requesting this information via e-mail to marketingminds@Aprimo.com
Please provide your name, mailing address, and a clear description of the information you wish to review or correct. We will respond promptly within the time limits established by applicable law, but at least within 30 days of your request. For your protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide the access you request and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information you hold with us if it changes.
The security of personally identifiable information is very important to Aprimo. Aprimo takes reasonable physical, administrative, and technical measures to protect personal information under our control from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In particular, we employ the following security measures, among others:
- Security policies. We design and support our products and services according to documented security policies. Each year, we assess our policy compliance and make necessary improvements to our policies and practices.
- Employee training and responsibilities. We take certain steps to reduce the risks of human error, theft, fraud, and misuse of our facilities. We train our personnel on our privacy and security policies. We also require our employees to sign confidentiality agreements. We also have assigned to an individual the responsibility to manage our information security program.
- Access control. We limit access to Personal Information to only those individuals who have an authorized purpose for accessing that information. We terminate those access privileges following job change or termination.
- Data encryption. Electronic transfers of Personal Information between you and Aprimo are done through encrypted connections.
Unfortunately, no security measures can be guaranteed to be 100-percent effective. It is important that you understand that no website or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” It is also important for you to guard against unauthorized access to your passwords and the unauthorized use of your computer.
If you have any questions about our security, you can contact us at Security.Information@Teradata.com
ONWARD TRANSFER PRINCIPLE
The US-EU Safe Harbor agreement allows Aprimo to transfer personal information to a third party that is acting as our agent if we take certain steps to assure their privacy and security protections. Aprimo may disclose personal data in the following circumstances:
- to business partners and subcontractors as necessary in connection with the performance of requested services or solutions, or as otherwise appropriate in connection with a legitimate business need;
- to service providers who host or facilitate the delivery of online training, seminars and webinars; email-delivery services and other technology providers; and third parties that may assist in the delivery of marketing materials, technical support services, or other products, services or other information;
- with authorized reseller partners so that they may follow up with you regarding Aprimo products and services;
- job-applicant information may be shared with our recruiting advisors as well as other third parties involved in the assessment of your job application, such background screening organizations;
- as necessary in connection with the sale or transfer of all or part of our business;
- as required or permitted by law, or when we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, law-enforcement or government request, or other legal process; and
- to any other third party with your affirmative consent.
In these situations, we will take reasonable steps to require the recipient of the data to protect the data in accordance with the relevant principles in the Safe Harbors or otherwise take steps to ensure that the personal data is appropriately protected. Crossborder data transfers
Aprimo is a global corporation with technical systems and processes that cross borders. Personal information collected on Aprimo systems may be transferred across state and country borders and stored or processed in the United States or any other country in which Aprimo or its parent company maintain facilities for the purposes of data consolidation, storage, and information management. By using our systems, your organization consents to any such transfer of information outside of your country of residence. Aprimo and its parent company will handle your information collected by our systems in a consistent manner, as described here, even if the laws in some countries may provide less protection for your information. Our privacy practices are designed to protect your personal information all over the world.
Aprimo maintains procedures for verifying that the commitments we make in this Policy to adhere to the Safe Harbor principles have been implemented. To do this, we complete an annual privacy compliance assessment and make improvements based on the results.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you should contact us by e-mail at privacy@Aprimo.com
. You can also write to us at:
900 East 96th Street, Suite 400
Indianapolis, IN 46240
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. When we make only minor modifications, we may do so without notifying you. When we make material modifications affecting Customer or Client Information, we will notify the person you have designated to us to receive such notifications 30 days in advance of the changes. It is your responsibility to keep current the contact information we have on file for that designated representative. When we make material modifications affecting data practices where we operate as the data controller, we will post the new Policy on this Site under the “Privacy” link and notify you at the e-mail address specified in your account or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. The effective date at the top of this Policy will allow you to quickly know when the last changes were made.Other MeasuresChildren’s Privacy
Our Site is not directed at nor targeted to children. No one who has not reached the age of majority in his or her country may use this Site unless supervised by an adult.
We do not use our Site to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to anyone under the age of majority in his or her country. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to collection and use of information from children, including the Children’s On-line Privacy Protection Act of the United States. If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person protected under such laws, please notify us immediately by emailing us at privacy@Aprimo.com
: October 25, 2011